Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Speed Thrills But it Kills!

Day: Monday Time: 7.00 pm Year:2004

I parked my bike in the parking lot and was about to leave when i heard a voice,"Excuse me,Can u show me the way to the Health Club?". "Sure", I replied. He was 5'10 with a very frail physique.Looking at his body structure suggested that he was yet another guy who is here to shape himself up. He asked me,"wots your name?". i said,"Chetan". "I'm sushant but people call me babu" ,he said.

It was my first meet with him. He looked to me as a very nice human being with a caring nature.As time passed by we became good friends. He was pursuing mechanical engineering from DY PATIL. A very sharp and a brilliant guy with lot of enthusiasm. He dreamed big.His parents were very rich still he didnt even have an ounce of proudness or rather say "rich man's cheap attitude" with him. That's one of the reason I respected him a lot.

We became regular gym partners. He used to say,"Chets,it takes 2 to tango...we rock bro!"

The other day i was going to market with my mom and I saw babu with a girl sitting on his bike.Believe me guys he was so embarassed and blushing I still can't forget his face.I waved to him and he to responded back sayin," ciao at 7 in gym!"

When i reached gym i asked with a devilish grin on my face..."bhai kaun thi woh aaa ".He smiled and said "girlfriend... toh"?.I couldnt control my laughter.I said, " Why did u blush so much then?".Babu replied,"abey..aunty thi na yaar"! I started laughing heavily.I couldn't control my laughter.

It was the month of august and i stopped working out as i had to give time for my semester preparations. Babu called me up,"Hey dude! Where r on earth r u man?" .I replied,"bro, i cant come to the gym yaar...sems kicking my B***!". Babu replied,"Not a worry bro.Carry on wid ya work",pat came his reply.

Months passed we lost touch. I was shopping in the mall with a friend of mine..suddenly a hand patted my shoulder..i turned back and to my surprise.. it was babu. i said,"Mannn!!! dude look at ur physique...i mean gossh... arnold would feel proud of u!".He had grown fully muscular with a 18 n half biceps..gosh!!

I said,"Babu...saale.. gym sei ghar kabhi lauta hi nahi tha kya?".He started laughing and said bro u left gym i continued so this is the end result.We had a cofee in CCD and left for our individual works.

After 3 months i visited gym again. I went upto sir and said, "Hello sir,how r you?" Sir said ,"Hey Chetan..mann after such a long tym..where were you?". I replied,"Sir u know naa this engg syllabus... never allows you luxuries in life".I asked to him,"Sir where's babu..how's he?". Suddenly sir's face turned pale.He said," Chetan,you don't know what happened??".I said,"What?"

It was dec 31st. Babu was very excited. He had brought a new Royal Enfield ThunderBird coupled with a new nokia N 73. He called up his friends to have a meet at night. He went to meet his girlfriend and spent whole day with her. It got late so he called up his friends and said,"Guys im leaving from Ishika's house in 10 mins and will be there in half an hour..so please be there on time". He left ishika's house a bit late and started riding his bike fiercely in hope of making the meet in time.He saw a truck moving very slowly and gave horns to it. The truck driver did not budge an inch.He looked at the watch and decided..thats it...im gonna overtake this a**.

It was 8.30 at night.Sikander's phone rang...."Sikku....i have met with an accident. I overtook a truck and had an head collision with another one...please help me..please save me!!!". Babu was down and hurt badly but he had enough strength to call up his friends.Everybody hurried to the spot.

Tears came into my eyes the moment sir told me this .Sir said,"He had his last breath in the hospital. People near the spot didn't came to recue him. He was on the road for half an hour.Sikander took him to hospital." I was shocked .Totally shaken.I mean..how...can this be possible..i met him just months back...he was so good!! Sir consoled me,"You can't change destiny my boy".

I was too shattered and left the gym. Things about babu started flashing in mind. He was his parent's only child. They parents must be completely broken and shattered. Its impossible...he was such a good person. It was his new bike.It was his new phone. Had he not overtaken that truck..had he drived slowly.

But he's not with me now.Guys I lost a very good friend. Parents lost their only son. I just want to say you all..please spare a moment for your closed ones when You drive that fast. SPEED THRILLS,BUT IT KILLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment