Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sometimes, we need to defy logic

"It's a Boy",a voice of a girl, dressed in an attire of a nurse, in a TV advertise knocked my ears. I peeped up my head like an ostrich and got glued to the T.V set.

Yes it was the bajaj pulsar advertisement in the year 2003. Its big robust fuel tank with round headlights amazed my eyes like what a choclate does to girls!

I knew i wanted that.

I went to dad and politely said, "Dad i want that bike".

Dad thundered,"Son,I think you are supposed to study. Stop running behind material things. They won't be with you forever"

For a 17 year old like me it hardly mattered what things are and what material things are!

I made a frowning face and straightaway ran to mom. I knew mom is the person who will make dad do it for me.

But my dad was a tough nut to crack. My dad always believed that all things should be done at a proper age and i was not even of driving age.I might lose my way and get distracted and eventually studies would suffer.

He was right in his own way but i differed big time. I wanted it in any case. I stopped talking with everybody at home. My little sis came to me and said,"Stop it anna,u are acting like a small kid"

I didn't budge and finally after 2 days of silence, i got my desire.
Wow! what a feeling it was when i drove it for the first time.

Now exactly after 6 years I was in a dilemma. My bike was ageing and after a few more years it would become a scrap. So it was nothing but logical to sell it off.

Last saturday i went to my bike,had a quiet look at it,moved over my hands on it and said, "No, I can't do this to you. I got you after so much of struggle".

I kick started it, went to the garage and totally revamped it, So what if it cost me some fortune. It was a logically foolish but sometimes in lyf you have to defy logic!

I love it much more now. I get that royal feeling. I feel like god!


"Old is gold,never to be sold"
Some days back,this thought was just a statement made by some profound thinker!

I never thought the memories associated or the feeling attached with a material can be so strong. But its a fact. After all we are humans and we have a heart,which feels! :-)