Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My first Crush

Reading blogs on love makes me travel back to my school days when Cupid struck me for the 1st time

It was my 8th std when I was nothing but a complete nerd who knew nothing other than studies. One fine day my class teacher came to our section and announced that a new member is joining from tomorrow and we should extend all possible help to her.I was like come-on, what's so much fuss about it.Just Another new girl in class.

Next morning in school, boys were eagerly awaiting the new girl's entry and girls were simply not interested.
Well finally after seeing so much of hullaboo, I decided that i will ask my friends about her. After asking few questions i came to know that she was from Pakistan!

Well don't get shocked guys and if you do get shocked it's not your fault coz even i was ,at that point of time. She was a sindhi girl and her family had shifted to India on behest of their relatives suggestion who stayed in pimpri, a sindhi dominated area in Pune.

She entered the class with nervousness written all over her face. So many eyes staring at her didn't help her cause.Her name was Rakhi. She was very cute with two little ponnies marking her hairstyle.She slowly walked up to the second row and had a seat.

Well she was a shy girl. Infact for the first 3 days of her class she never interacted with anyone. Many guys tried to break-ice with her but in vain. I also remember, she complained to the class teacher of not able to feel comfortable as she was weak in hindi. On her behest our principal shifted her cousin sister to our class from a different division.

I never talked with her in the first week until one Marathi lecture. Slowly slowly i started getting attracted to her not because she was new and cute but i found her very intresting. One day i was in utter shock when my Marathi teacher told me to shift my seat right besides her..whooaa...i was dumb struck!!!


I was not at all comfortable as i was as much shy just like her.I didnt know what to do. I picked up my bag and slowly started walking towards
her seat. In the way i found 10's and 20's of jealous eyes staring at me as if i had committed a grave crime. I stopped looking at everyone.I went upto her and very skeptically i asked her," Are you comfortable with me sitting beside you?" She said,"No".

I heaved a sigh of relief. I straightaway ran to my teacher and said that she was not at all comfortable sitting besides me so Im going back to my place.Teacher gave me a grave stare. She said,"go and sit besides her,now".

I calmly looked down and started walking again. I said to her,"Rakhi,I'm really sorry but I have no other option but to sit besides you. I'm really sorry!" Looking at my face she started giggling. I was blank. I started thinking as to what was so amusing in it.

Days passed,Rakhi and me become very good friends.Not to forget her cousin sister Roma who was with me in the same school since 5th std.We three became a menace.

I remember the days when i used to write homeworks for rakhi as she didnt knew even abcd of marathi.The first time I helped her escape punishment for non-completion of a home-work and how she smiled at me is still so fresh in my mind.A special thanks to her as i was completely a changed
guy when I reached 10th coz it was her who made me feel comfortable while talking to girls!

I had a strong crush on her but never had enough courage to tell her. I feared that I might lose my friendship. I still can't
forget my send-off day when I was heart broken as the feeling of going apart started sinking in me.

After 10th we lost touch. Recently I met her at a shopping mall few weeks back. She was looking so beautiful and guess what... I told her about my crush to her and we both started giggling and remembered those naughty high school moments together. We exchanged wishes, had a cup of coffee together,exchanged our numbers and promised not to lose touch this time
around!

No comments:

Post a Comment